MKM Isonzo M390 Natural Micarta Folding Knife by Jasper Voxnæs is a small premium folder, designed for everyday use (EDC).
About MKM – Maniago Knife Makers
Founded in 1960, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO represents 46 knife companies worldwide, all based in Maniago, a city that is known worldwide for its blacksmithing art. In 2018, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO created its own brand MKM – Maniago Knife Makers, which aims to offer new collections on the market, created through partnership with local knife manufacturers. The MKM brand is represented by a polygonal logo that evokes the mountain panorama that is the backdrop for Maniago. The slogan “Climb the Edge” is a call to action that also subtly refers to the edges of the knives themselves. The goal is to achieve the pinnacle of the highest quality through projects by renowned designers, the best, innovative ideas and the most technologically advanced materials. MKM is a brand driven by more than six centuries of local blacksmithing tradition, and today even more strengthened by a fruitful combination of companies and knowledge.
Jasper Voxnæs & VoxDesign
Danish knifemaker and designer known for his cooperation with many global brands: Spyderco, FOX Knives, Böker, Viper, MKM, CRKT, HELLE, GiantMouse. In his achievements, we often find smaller knives, with shorter but efficient blades, with a rather intensely outlined, emphasized line knife belly. The hilt lines have a visible elevation on the line of the back. Of course, individual projects differ, considering that they are made for different brands and must be consistent with their other designs. Each time, however, projects signed with the VOX logo stand out so much that at first glance people moving freely in the meanders of the knife industry recognize that the creator of a given project is Jasper Voxnæs. As the designer himself says: “My knife designs have obvious Nordic shapes and styles. Clean, functional, almost minimalist. The usability of the tool is definitely crucial.” And it’s hard to disagree with this statement.
About presetnted Insozu
Premium steel blade
The blade of the knife is made of M390 powder steel. It is one of the few steels available on the market that are in the absolute top quality of materials used for the production of premium knives. Its best properties are obtained by proper hardening process, in which 3 stages must be carried out flawlessly: curing, cryogenic cooling (freezing) and tempering. A properly prepared blade from M390 is extremely resistant to overloads, remains sharp for an extremely long time (slow abrasion) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
The blade of the knife is made in the clip point style and has a stonewashed, flat grind .The short blade, like the whole knife, is dedicated to typical everyday tasks (EDC). The swedge allows better penetration of the cutted material.
Opening and lock
The opening of the knife is done through the finger/thumb hole in the blade. Unfolding the knife is very free and smooth thanks to the fact that it is equipped with ball bearings. The knife has a stable and durable lock to prevent from accidental closure – liner lock.
Micarta handle and wire clip
The handle scales are made of Natural Canvas Micarta laminate. Micarta is resistant to moisture, temperature changes, most solvents and acids, has high resistance to mechanical damage. At the end of a handle there is a titanium backspacer and a wire clip for right or left carry (Tip Up).
Pouch and tool included
In the set with the knife we get a handy textile pouch MKM for carry or store the knife and a torx wrench with T6 and T8 tips.
- Blade: folding knife, clip point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: M390 (58-60 HRC), stonewash
- Handle: micarta scales, titanium backspacer, wire clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: liner lock
- Opening: thumb hole, ball bearings
- Pouch: textile
- Contents: knife, textile pouch, tool, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 145 mm | 5.71”, blade length: 49 mm | 1.93″, blade thickness: 3 mm | 0.12″
- Weight: 70 g | 2.47 oz
- Product code: MK FX03M-3NC
- Producer: MKM, Maniago/Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.
There are no reviews yet.