Arctic Legend is a Finnish manufacture from distant Lapland producing traditional Finnish Puukko knives. The company is located in Jakobstad and its products are completely handmade traditional Finnish knives, camping tools and fishing equipment. It should be noted that Arctic Legend tools are made only from natural materials and using traditional methods. This means that no two knives are the same, each is different and unique even if you consider the same model.
About presented knife
Arctic Legend Hobby Knife Carbon Steel Curly Birch has a rat tail tang construction. This means that the narrowed fragment behind the blade penetrates into the handle to its very end.
The blade is made of carbon steel and finished with satin/oxide, has a straight back and a flat grind, very well suited for heavier camping, hunting and outdoor work. Like the whole knife, it is made, finished and sharpened by hand, which gives each knife an individual character.
Birch wood handle
The handle was made of birch wood. This wood has been successfully used for years as a handle material for classic Scandinavian knives. Its ending, however, is made of antlers, which gives it even greater individuality. The profile of the handle is very ergonomic and thoughtful, ensuring the right and very comfortable grip.
Classic leather sheath
In the set with the knife we get a sheath made of leather. This is a classic solution that matches the style of the tool in it. Wood and leather have always been the perfect combination. Like the knife itself, the sheath is handmade, has a high profile and hides part of the handle to better protect the knife from falling out. It is traditionally attached to the waist in a vertical position.
- Blade: fixed blade (rat tail tang); straight back style blade with flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: carbon 80Crv2, W.1.2235, satin/oxide
- Handle: Birch Wood
- Sheath: leather
- Contents: knife, leather sheath, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: ~207 mm | 8.15″, blade length: ~95 mm | 3.46″, blade thickness: 3,3 mm | 0.129″
- Weight: ~ 98 g | 3.32 oz (147 g with sheath)
- Product code: AL-HYK002
- Producer: Arctic Legend, Finland
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.
There are no reviews yet.