FOX Knives NEW SMARTY Auto FX-503 ALB Folding Knife N690Co Black Aluminium by Stefano De Lorenzi is a project designed for EDC and tactical use.
Fox Knives and Oreste Frati S.R.L.
Fox Knives is probably the most famous brand of the Italian company Oreste Frati S.R.L., founded in Italian Maniago in 1977. The founder is Oreste Frati, whose first and last name gave the name of the company, and his initials can be found in the word FOX. The history of the company is the sum of the experiences of the founder and his team, a huge number of completed production projects, introduced and award-winning innovations, an evolution that has led to a thriving and well-known knife company in the world.
Today, the FOX Group is formed by: FOX Cutlery and DEFCON5.
The activity of FOX Knives is closely related to the development of the following brands: FOX Knives, Black FOX, FKMD, FOX Edge, DUE CIGNI (kitchen knives).
About presented NEW SMARTY
The knife blade is made of N690Co stainless steel and it’s PVD coated. This steel made by Böhler retains good cutting properties and is easy to sharpen. The blade was made in the clip point style and has a flat grind.
Opening and button lock
Opening the knife is done automatically when the button is pressed. Unfolding the knife takes place very freely and smoothly thanks to equipping it with a spring, which after releasing the lock throws the blade forward. The knife has a stable and durable button lock, additionally secured with a slider. It allows you to protect the knife against accidental opening.
The handle is made of durable anodized and contoured aluminum. The finger groove improves grip and prevents the hand from slipping to the cutting edge. On one side of the handle, the knife has a button that releases the blade and a safety slider, on the other side there is a clip. At the end of the handle, the manufacturer placed a hole for the paracord.
A Tip-Up fastening clip located on the back of the knife handle allows you to carry the closed blade with the top upwards. The clip is made of stainless steel.
In the set with the knife we get a handy textile case FOX Knives fastened with a zipper, used to carry or store the knife.
- Blade: folding knife, clip point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: N690Co (59-60 HRC), PVD
- Handle: aluminium, steel clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: button lock
- Opening: automatic, spring
- Pouch: textile
- Contents: knife, textile pouch, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 193 mm | 7.6″, blade length: 80 mm | 3.15″, blade thickness: 3,2 mm | 0.13″
- Weight: 119 g | 4.2 oz
- Product code: FX-503 ALB
- Producer: Fox Knives, Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.