MKM Goccia M390 White Storm CF Folding Knife by Jens Ansø is a premium folder, designed for everyday use (EDC).
About MKM – Maniago Knife Makers
Founded in 1960, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO represents 46 knife companies worldwide, all based in Maniago, a city that is known worldwide for its blacksmithing art. In 2018, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO created its own brand MKM – Maniago Knife Makers, which aims to offer new collections on the market, created through partnership with local knife manufacturers. The MKM brand is represented by a polygonal logo that evokes the mountain panorama that is the backdrop for Maniago. The slogan “Climb the Edge” is a call to action that also subtly refers to the edges of the knives themselves. The goal is to achieve the pinnacle of the highest quality through projects by renowned designers, the best, innovative ideas and the most technologically advanced materials. MKM is a brand driven by more than six centuries of local blacksmithing tradition, and today even more strengthened by a fruitful combination of companies and knowledge.
Knifemaker from Denmark. His experience comes from the industrial design industry, but since 2001 he has been involved in professional knifemaking. His designs can be recognized at a glance. They are characterized by contemporary design and modern methods of execution. His philosophy of creation is contained in the words: “Do not do something that is not necessary and useful, but if it is both necessary and useful, do not hesitate to make it beautiful.” In his design work, Jans Ansø has collaborated with many global brands such as: FOX Knives, Böker, GiantMouse (as a co-creator of the brand), Viper Knives, Spyderco, etc.
About presetnted Goccia
Premium steel blade
The blade of the knife is made of M390 powder steel. It is one of the few steels available on the market that are in the absolute top quality of materials used for the production of premium knives. Its best properties are obtained by proper hardening process, in which 3 stages must be carried out flawlessly: curing, cryogenic cooling (freezing) and tempering. A properly prepared blade from M390 is extremely resistant to overloads, remains sharp for an extremely long time (slow abrasion) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
The blade of the knife is made in the drop point style and has a black satin finish and full flat grind.
Opening and lock
The opening of the knife is done through the flipper in the blade. Unfolding the knife is very free and smooth thanks to the fact that it is equipped with ball bearings. The knife has a stable and durable lock to prevent from accidental closure – liner lock.
CF handle and pocket clip
The handle scales are made of Marbled Carbon Fiber. Carbon Fiber is very light, resistant to moisture, temperature changes, most solvents and acids, has high resistance to mechanical damage. At the end of a handle there is a lanyard hole made in a titanium backspacer and a titanium pocket clip for Tip Up deep carry.
In the set with the knife we get a handy textile pouch MKM for carry or store the knife.
- Blade: folding knife, drop point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: M390 (58-60 HRC), satin
- Handle: CF scales, steel liners, titanium backspacer, titanium pocket clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: liner lock
- Opening: flipper, ball bearings
- Pouch: textile
- Contents: knife, textile pouch, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 200 mm | 7.87”, blade length: 85 mm – 3.35″, blade thickness: 4 mm | 0.16″
- Weight: 110 gr – 3.88 oz
- Product code: MK GC-CFA
- Producer: MKM, Maniago/Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.
There are no reviews yet.