Black FOX Vesuvius BF-710 D2 Black G10 Knife by Alfredo Doricchi is an outdoor project.
Fox Knives and Oreste Frati S.R.L.
Fox Knives is probably the most famous brand of the Italian company Oreste Frati S.R.L., founded in Italian Maniago in 1977. The founder is Oreste Frati, whose first and last name gave the name of the company, and his initials can be found in the word FOX. The history of the company is the sum of the experiences of the founder and his team, a huge number of completed production projects, introduced and award-winning innovations, an evolution that has led to a thriving and well-known knife company in the world.
Today, the FOX Group is formed by: FOX Cutlery and DEFCON5.
The activity of FOX Knives is closely related to the development of the following brands: FOX Knives, Black FOX, FKMD, FOX Edge, DUE CIGNI (kitchen knives).
Black FOX is a product line designed for outdoor use, camp life, fishing and hunting and everyday use (EveryDay Carry – EDC). Black FOX products, more often made of budget materials, are available to a wide range of users.
Włoski kolekcjoner i projektant noży. Znany ze współpracy z FOX Knives. His designs are mainly outdoor, bushcraft and survival knives. As he says about his approach to the subject of design: “I try constantly to encapsulate in my design the beauty, the creativity and, above all, the functionality”.
About presented knife
Black FOX Vesuvius BF-710 D2 Black G10 Knife by Alfredo Doricchi is a knife with a full tang design, made of one section of steel running through the entire length and width of the handle, to which the scales of G10 are attached.
The blade made of D2 tool steel with stonewash finish has a drop point profile and a high flat grind.
Ergonomic G10 handle
The handle of the knife is made of G10. The whole creates an ergonomic shape, additionally profiled in a way that prevents the hand from slipping onto the cutting edge during operation. The handle has a hole for a rope or paracord.
Knife comes with sheath made of Kydex. Kydex is characterized by high impact and scratch resistance, low moisture absorption, resistance to various weather conditions and many chemicals. Sheaths made of it are used comfortably and for a long time. To facilitate the removal of the knife, a thumb rest has been designed, thanks to which the knife can be removed in a controlled and safe manner. The sheath has pass-through pins to which you can attach, for example, a tinder holder (included) or use them to attach it to a backpack.
The knife is also equipped with tinder, which can be useful during a camping trip, tent or an ordinary meeting with friends by the campfire.
- Blade: fixed blade (full tang), drop point style blade with flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: D2 (58-60 HRC), stonewash
- Handle: black G10
- Sheath: black Kydex
- Contents: knife, kydex sheath, ferro rod, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 220 mm | 8.66″, blade length: 105 mm | 4.13″, blade thickness: 4.5 mm | 0.18″
- Weight: 230 g | 8.11 oz
- Product code: BF- 710 D2
- Producer: Designed: Fox Knives/ Italy , manufactured: China
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.