Chaves Knives Redencion Street Tanto Folding Knife is a tool designed for everyday use (EDC – EveryDay Carry).
Chaves Knives – Chaves Ultramar
Products from the offer of the American knifemaker Ramon Chaves. Knives for various tasks are made of the best materials that guarantee durability and long-term sharpness. Chaves Knives are massive in construction, expressive in lines and each piece made contains a solid dose of steel and other materials. The distinguishing feature of Chaves Knives, giving them character and being an instant identifier of the products of this brand, is the characteristic “skull” formed in the knife carrying clip, also visible in the creator’s logo. Chaves Ultramar is a production offer of knifemaker’s designs available to a wider range of users.
About Redencion Street Tanto
The knife blade is made of M390 powder steel. It is one of the few steels available on the market in the absolute top quality of materials used in the production of premium knives. Its best properties are obtained by proper performance of the hardening process, in which 3 stages must be flawlessly carried out: hardening, cryogenic cooling (freezing) and tempering. A properly prepared M390 blade is extremely resistant to overload, stays sharp for a long time (wears very slowly) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
The knife blade is made in the tanto style and has a halow grind which turns in to a flat grind at the tip. The style in which the blade was made determines its optimal functionality and dedicates it to any type of work. The swedge from the back towards the tip of the blade allows better penetration of the material to be cut. On the spine of the blade, next to the bolster, we can see jimping that supports the thumb during cuts that require pressure, and is also the grip plane of the front flipper.
Smooth opening and frame lock
The opening of the knife takes place thanks to the double sided thumb studs. The knife unfolds very freely and smoothly thanks to its ceramic ball bearings. The knife has a stable and durable lock to prevent accidental closure, type frame lock. In the titanium lock liners there is a steel lock insert along with a ceramic detent ball.
The knife body is made of titanium (scales, backspacer). Titanium is an extremely durable material, light and practically stainless. The handle is made with the highest precision and with attention to the smallest details. It is enough to pay attention to the gap between the lock leaf and the scale, the thickness of which does not exceed 1 mm. The stonewash finish of the scales allows to hide minor damage to the handle during use.
Titanium carrying clip
The Tip-Up style carrying clip located at the end of the knife handle allows the closed blade to be carried upside down. The clip is made of titanium and has a characteristic skull shape. For those who prefer simple shapes, there is a spare clip in the package.
- Blade: folding blade, tanto style blade with holow/flat grind and plain cutting edge, swedge on the spine
- Steel: M390, satin finish
- Handle: stonewashed titanium, titanium backspacer, one-sided titanium carrying clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: frame lock
- Opening: thumb studs, ceramic ball bearings, ceramic detent ball
- Pouch: not available
- Contents: knife, spare clip, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 190 mm | 7.36″, blade length: 83 mm | 2.83″, length when folded: 108 mm | 4.11″, blade thickness: 4.0 mm | 0.157″
- Weight: 149 g | 5.25 oz
- Product code: ST/RT/SWTI/BF
- Producer: Chaves Ultramar, USA
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.