Demko Knives AD20.5 Clip Point S35VN Shark Lock Natural G10 Folding Knife is designed to everyday carry use.
About Demko Knives
Andrew Demko has been creating innovative locking mechanisms for knives and the knives themselves for over 25 years. The Demko Knives offer includes knives for survival, outdoor activities, everyday use, etc., characterized by outstanding durability and ingenuity of solutions. The last, most recent innovation designed and made by Andrew Demko is the Shark Lock™ mechanism, which has been implemented in the AD20 (custom made) series of folding knives and AD20.5 production folding knives.
Shark Lock™ in AD20.5
The Shark Lock™ mechanism designed and engineered by Andrew Demko mechanizm Shark Lock™ is designed to easily open and close the knife with one hand. In combination with ball bearings, grivory grips mounted on steel liners, we get a free-working knife that will handle most tasks!
The Shark Lock™ mechanism is situated on the spine of the knife and operated with a ramp-like ‘fin.’ Opening the blade makes the spring-driven lock arm move up and then into a notch in the tang, situating it beneath a lock pin. This range of movement is noteworthy. It’s unique in that the locking mechanism moves forward and back while also moving up and down. This allows for a greater sized blade tang, making better mechanical advantage in a specific area. And because the drive spring that moves the locking element up into the locked position is contained within the locking arm itself, it won’t be subject to dirt and grime. The Shark is very comparable to most Tri-Ad locks for its size and weight. The AD-20.5 has been tested to 875 inch pounds of torque (10 kg/m), this is a very impressive number for a 3.5 oz. (100 g) knife.
About presented folding knife
Clip point CPM S35VN blade steel
The knife blade has a clip point profile, very versatile in use, dedicated to any type of work. The blade features jimping, which is a support for the thumb during cuts that require pressure.
The blade is made is made of CPM S35VN powder steel. It is steel produced by the American company Crucible Industries, known for the production of CPM 3V, CPM S45VN, CPM S90VN and others from this family. CPM S35VN is extremely resistance to chipping and very high resistance to overload. This steel wears slowly and remains sharp for a long time. CPM S35VN is finished with the stonewash, which gives the blade a grey color and perfectly masks any imperfections that may arise during use.
The knife is opened by means of a double-sided thumb stud or a hole (thumb hole) placed in it, or in a faster way, by a simultaneous vigorous hand movement and pulling the Shark Lock ™ fin. The producer made it possible to select the opening method to individual preferences.
G10 handle scales and steel liners
The handle scales and the backspacer are made of durable G10 and mounted on a steel body (liners). The handle has a hole for a paracord, string, lanyard, etc., or an optional attachment of ornaments depending on the user’s preferences.
Carrying clip for right and left carry
The knife is equipped with a steel pocket clip, enabling stable carrying in a pocket, mounting in a backpack, organizer, kidney, etc. Included with the knife is an additional clip for left-handed users.
- Blade: folding knife, clip point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: S35VN, stonewash
- Handle: steel liners, G10 scales, steel clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: shark lock
- Opening: thumb studs, thumb hole, ball bearings
- Pouch: not available
- Contents: knife, sticker, adhesive bandage, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 194 mm | 7.65″, blade length: 81 mm | 3.2″, length when folded: 114 mm | 4.5″, blade thickness: 3,2 mm | 0.125″
- Weight: –
- Product code: 205-S35-CPN
- Producer: Design: Demko Knives / USA, produkcja: Taiwan
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.