LionSTEEL NANO Grey Titanium Folding Knife is compact project designed for EveryDay Cary (EDC). The design resembles its bigger brother, the MYTO model.
LionSTEEL is an Italian producer from the Italian Maniago. The over 50-year history of the company is inextricably linked with the history of the Pauletta family. The company was founded by Gino Pauletta and today the father’s work is continued by three sons: Massimo, Daniele and Gianni. Currently, the last of them manages the company as CEO – Managing Director of the company. LionSTEEL is a world-renowned knife manufacturer repeatedly awarded for its projects at the prestigious Blade Show held annually in Atlanta in the United States.
O presented NANO knife
The knife blade is made of MagnaCut steel. It is a powder stainless steel produced by the Crucible® Particle Metallurgy (CPM) process. The high content of vanadium, molybdenum and niobium guarantees accuracy and purity incomparable to more “conventional” steels. Designed and developed specifically for blade production by Larrin Thomas, it meets all the requirements of knife lovers. With CPM MagnaCut, it was possible to create a steel that combines unique properties like no other knife steel. The result is a blade material that offers an extraordinary balance between wear resistance, strength and corrosion resistance.
Drop point blade
The knife blade has a drop point profile with flat grind, very versatile in use, dedicated to any type of work.
Smooth opening and frame lock
The knife is opened due to a subtly protruding from the blade, a removable flipper (fin). The knife unfolding is very easy and smooth thanks to the Double Crown system based on ball bearings. This system is an extension of the standard ball bearing and has two bearing rings for better blade stability and easier opening of the folder. The knife has a stable and durable frame lock protecting against accidental closing. A steel insert is placed in the titanium lock letter to increase the life of the locking mechanism. The insert also has a special tab to prevent the lock from being excessively pulled out of the handle (overtravel stop).
ReF – innovation by LionSTEEL
Removable flipper system (ReF) is a fairly innovative approach to the topic of opening a folding knife, which allows the user to interfere with the structure and decide how the knife will be unfolded. It is enough to unscrew the flipper and screw in a blind screw with a special tool included.
The knife handle is made of titanium (covers and backspacer). Titanium is an extremely durable material, light and practically stainless. The backspacer strengthening the structure of the handle, made of titanium, has been profiled in such a way as to give the impression of being suspended between the covers. The end of the handle is finished with a lanyard hole (paracord). It can be used to additionally protect the knife from being lost or to attach a decorative bead that improves the grip of the whole.
Titanium carrying clip
Tip-Up carrying clip located in front of the finger ring of the handle allows you to carry a knife in a pocket or clipped to a belt. The clip is made of titanium. It is also possible to move the clip to the other side of the handle for left hand carry. It is attached to the edge of the handle with one screw.
To facilitate operation, minor adjustments and adjusting the knife to the user’s needs, the manufacturer included a tool in the package (HY68), with two torx type screwdrivers and a key that allows the clip to be transferred to the other side.
- Blade: folding knife, drop point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: CPM Magnacut, satin
- Handle: titanium (milled), two-toned, titanium backspacer, double-sided carrying clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: frame lock
- Opening: flipper, Double Crown ball bearings
- Pouch: not available
- Contents: knife, service tool HY68, blinding screw, producer box
- Dimensions: total length: 162 mm | 6.38″, blade length: 65 mm | 2.56″, blade thickness: 3,8 mm | 0.15″
- Weight: 101 g | 3.56 oz
- Product code: NA01 GY
- Producer: LionSTEEL, Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.