LionSTEEL ROK Solid ROK B Bronze Titanium by Molletta Folding Knife is designed for everyday use (EDC)
LionSTEEL is an Italian producer from the Italian Maniago. The over 50-year history of the company is inextricably linked with the history of the Pauletta family. The company was founded by Gino Pauletta and today the father’s work is continued by three sons: Massimo, Daniele and Gianni. Currently, the last of them manages the company as CEO – Managing Director of the company. LionSTEEL is a world-renowned knife manufacturer repeatedly awarded for its projects at the prestigious Blade Show held annually in Atlanta in the United States.
Design by Molletta
Molletta is the Italian pseudonym of Michele Pensato, a designer and knifemaker whose passion, he claims, “got out of hand”. Pensato, as an avid archaeological enthusiast, often complained about the tools he used during his trips. So he decided to create a knife that would meet his expectations. This is how the adventure that continues to this day began, and Molletta himself, closely associated with the LionSTEEL brand, is one of the most recognized Italian designers. Molletta is an avid lover of innovation and a supporter of an unconventional approach to design issues, eagerly reaching for modern technologies in her work.
About presented ROK knife
Knife blade is made of the highest quality M390 steel. M390 is one of the few steels available on the market in the absolute top quality of materials used in the production of premium knives. The M390 blade is extremely resistant to overload, stays sharp for a long time (wears very slowly) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
Drop point blade
The knife blade has a drop point profile with flat grind, very versatile in use, dedicated to any type of work. It’s satin finished.
Smooth opening and frame lock
The knife is opened due to a subtly protruding from the blade, a removable flipper. The knife unfolding is very easy and smooth thanks to the ball bearings. The knife has a stable and durable frame lock protecting against accidental closing. A steel insert is placed in the aluminium lock to increase the life of the locking mechanism. In the area of the lock leaf we will also find the ROTOBLOCK system, which protects against excessive pulling of the lock outside the handle (overtravel stop) and can also block the lock leaf from accidental folding of the knife. To do this, it is enough to turn the ring at the moment when the knife is unfolded.
ReF – innovation by LionSTEEL
Removable flipper system (ReF) is a fairly innovative approach to the topic of opening a folding knife, which allows the user to interfere with the structure and decide how the knife will be unfolded. It is enough to unscrew the flipper and screw in a blind screw with a special tool included (KKR 68).
Titanium SOLID handle
The knife handle is made of one pice of titanium. It is a durable material, light and practically stainless. SOLID, integral handle does not have a separate frame, scales or liners. This makes the handle more durable and is not exposed to torsional stresses and the blade has a solid stabilization during work.
H.WAYL pocket clip
A pocket clip located at the end of the knife handle allows you to move the closed blade tip up. The clip is made of titanium and is LionSTEEL’s patented H.WAYL solution. This system makes it easy to remove and store the knife in your pocket. At the same time, the clip is hidden when using the knife and does not interfere with the hand holding the knife.
All the information about your ROK knife on your smartphone
Get instant access from your smartphone to all the information regarding your ROK, thanks to the exclusive NFC technology provided on the box.
- Blade: folding knife, drop point profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: M390 (60-61 HRC), satin
- Handle: SOLID titanium, H.WAYL carrying clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: frame lock, ROTOBLOCK
- Opening: flipper, ball bearings
- Pouch: not available
- Contents: knife, service tool (KKR 68), blinding screws, producer box
- Dimensions: total length: 198 mm | 7.80″, blade length: 83 mm | 3.27″, length when folded: 118 mm | 4.64″, blade thickness: 4,5 mm | 0.18″
- Weight: 159 g | 5.61 oz
- Product code: ROK B
- Producer: LionSTEEL, Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.