Petrified Fish Beluga Fixed Knife PF-P01F DS Black G10 is a versatile tool for various outdoor and wilderness applications.
About Petrified Fish
Petrified Fish is a brand focused on the development of original knife designs in the world of knife manufacturers. Petrified Fish is a team of enthusiasts striving to give their knives a unique character. The brand’s philosophy revolves around the intersection of technology and art. It engages in creating distinctive projects for users worldwide, combining elegant design with what its creators describe as “intimate experiences.” Petrified Fish draws inspiration from people, their surroundings, and their needs. The result of these inspirations is elegant yet practical products that can be enjoyed every day.
Beluga fixed knife
Durable and Practical Blade Made of N690 Steel
The featured Beluga knife is crafted from cobalt N690 steel, manufactured by the Austrian Böhler steelworks. Blades made from this steel are known for their high durability and long-lasting sharpness. The quality of this steel is evident from its use in producing precision instruments and reliable surgical tools. The knife is made from a single piece of steel, featuring a full-tang construction, which is one of the most robust designs used in fixed-blade knives. N690 steel is also renowned for its excellent corrosion-resistant properties, making it a top choice for stainless steel knives.
Blade Grind and Shape for Effective Cutting
The blade features a back with a thickness of 4.0 mm (0.16″), designed in a drop point style and equipped with a flat grind. This design ensures smooth cutting and versatility for various tasks.
Additionally, the back of the blade has notches known as jimping, which facilitates pressing the knife’s edge against the material being cut. This element enhances precise cuts, aids in guiding the cutting edge through materials, and is particularly helpful for tasks requiring controlled pressure.
Durable Micarta Handle
The handle scales are crafted from G10, a material known for its resistance to moisture, temperature variations, most solvents, and acids, with high resistance to mechanical damage. The handle scales are securely fastened with hexagonal screws.
The handle features a subtle finger contour that prevents your hand from slipping onto the cutting edge, reducing the risk of injuries. At the end of the handle, there’s a hole that serves as an additional safety feature to prevent accidental loss of the knife. You can attach a lanyard, paracord, or any other cordage through this hole. It can also be used for decorative purposes or as an additional gripping aid for easier knife removal from the sheath.
Kydex Sheath and Various Carrying Options
The knife comes with a Kydex sheath. Kydex is characterized by its high impact resistance, scratch resistance, low moisture absorption, resistance to various weather conditions, and resistance to many chemicals. Kydex sheaths are durable and provide long-lasting use. For ease of knife removal, a thumb ramp has been designed to allow controlled and safe extraction. The sheath comes with pass-through pins that can be used for attaching accessories like a fire starter (not included) or for securing the sheath to your backpack.
The sheath can be attached to the belt using:
- The two included straps for vertical belt carry.
- The Tek-Lok-style clip, which allows vertical belt carry and is compatible with MOLLE systems for versatile carrying options.
- Blade: fixed blade(full tang), drop point style with flat grind, fuller, plain cutting edge
- Steel: Ng90 (59-61 HRC), satin
- Handle: Black G10
- Sheath: black Kydex plus additional Tek-Lok
- Contents: knife, sheath, Tek-Lok, screws, packaging box
- Dimensions: overall length: 210 mm | 8.27″, blade length: 92 mm | 3.62″, blade width: 34 mm (1.34″), cutting edge length: 87 mm (3.43″), handle length: 118 mm | 4.65″, handle thickness: 18 mm (0.69″), blade thickness: 4,0 mm | 0.16″
- Designer: Nashorn Knives
- Weight: 166 g (5.86 oz)
- Product code:PF-P01F DS
- Producer: Petrified Fish, China
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.