Black Fox Hugin BF-721 G Folding Knife by Mikkel Willumsen is a large folder with outdoor and tactical properties.
Fox Knives and Oreste Frati S.R.L.
Fox Knives is probably the most famous brand of the Italian company Oreste Frati S.R.L., founded in Italian Maniago in 1977. The founder is Oreste Frati, whose first and last name gave the name of the company, and his initials can be found in the word FOX. The history of the company is the sum of the experiences of the founder and his team, a huge number of completed production projects, introduced and award-winning innovations, an evolution that has led to a thriving and well-known knife company in the world.
Today, the FOX Group is formed by: FOX Cutlery and DEFCON5.
The activity of FOX Knives is closely related to the development of the following brands: FOX Knives, Black FOX, FKMD, FOX Edge, DUE CIGNI (kitchen knives).
Black FOX is a product line designed for outdoor use, camp life, fishing and hunting and Everyday Carry (EDC). Black FOX products more often made of budget materials, are available to a wide range of users.
About Willumsen Copenhagen
Willumsen Copenhagen was founded in 1998 in Copenhagen by Danish designer and knifemaker Mikkel Willumsen. This extremely talented designer creates knives with a fixed blade, folding knives and is also highly valued for his designs of chefs knives. The company offers a wide range of production knives and the owner himself constantly creates custom knives for a narrow group of customers.
The blade of the knife is made of stainless steel 440C. This steel has very good cutting properties and is easy to sharpen. The drop point blade has a hollow grind turning into a flat one, and its finish is dark stonewash made on a PVD coating. The cutting edge has a curvature so-called recurve to improve cutting properties in some types of work and on the spine, the blade has a swedge, improving penetrating properties. A flipper and a hole in the blade are used to open the knife, and ball bearings are responsible for its smooth opening. The blade also has the finger choil, allowing to choke up for more precise work.
The handle of the knife is made of stainless steel liners on which there are scales made of contoured G10 composite. The blade is locked by a liner lock. At the end of the handle, the knife has a backspacer made of steel in which there is a large hole for the lanyard, paracord.
Steel pocket clip
The knife has a strong clip (Tip-Up) mounted at the end of the handle, which allows you to carry the closed knife with the tip up. The clip is made of stainless steel.
- Blade: folding knife, drop point profile, hollow/flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: 440C (57-59 HRC), stonewashed PVD
- Handle: steel liners, G10
- Lock: liner lock
- Opening: flipper, thumb hole
- Pouch: no
- Contents: knife, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 230 mm | 9.06″, blade length: 100 mm | 3.94″, blade thickness: 4,0 mm | 0.16″
- Weight: 180 g | 6.35 oz
- Product code: BF-721 G
- Producer: Designed: Fox Knives/ Italy , manufactured: China
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.