LionSTEEL L.E.One LE1 A BS by Emerson Design | Karambit Folding Knife Stonewashed MagnaCut Black Aluminium is a very unusual and impressive project.
LionSTEEL is an Italian producer from the Italian Maniago. The over 50-year history of the company is inextricably linked with the history of the Pauletta family. The company was founded by Gino Pauletta and today the father’s work is continued by three sons: Massimo, Daniele and Gianni. Currently, the last of them manages the company as CEO – Managing Director of the company. LionSTEEL is a world-renowned knife manufacturer repeatedly awarded for its projects at the prestigious Blade Show held annually in Atlanta in the United States.
Ernest Emerson is one of the most famous and recognizable knife designers in the world. It is known as a creator a patented form of opening the knife to the edge of the pocket known as Emerson Wave. Emerson Knives has served the world’s most elite special forces units in all of the world’s conflicts and covert missions for more than 20 years. They were worn by Navy Seals, Delta Force, Army Special Forces, Army Rangers, US Marines, CIA Special Activities Division and even the legendary British SAS.
Emerson Wave is Ernest Emerson’s patented blade opening system by hooking onto the edge of the pocket. It was developed mainly for the rapid response services but has been appreciated by knife lovers and collectors around the world.
The origins of knives of this type are the islands of Southeast Asia. There a knife with a curved blade resembling a claw was born. Initially, this tool was used in agriculture to gradually turn into a knife used for fighting or more specialized work.
About lionSTEEL L.E.One
The knife blade is made of MagnaCut steel. It is a powder stainless steel produced by the Crucible® Particle Metallurgy (CPM) process. The high content of vanadium, molybdenum and niobium guarantees accuracy and purity incomparable to more “conventional” steels. Designed and developed specifically for blade production by Larrin Thomas, it meets all the requirements of knife lovers. With CPM MagnaCut, it was possible to create a steel that combines unique properties like no other knife steel. The result is a blade material that offers an extraordinary balance between wear resistance, strength and corrosion resistance.
Blade for specialized tasks
The blade of the knife was made in the style of howkbill and has a flat grind. The style in which the blade was made determines its optimal functionality and dedicates it to punctures, precision cuts or cuts in places with difficult access. The back of the blade has a comfortable thumb ramp on which the jimping is placed and then goes into Emerson Vawe, which allows you to open the knife when get from the pocket. The finish of the blade is the so-called stone wash, which masks scratches and signs of use.
Smooth opening and stable safety lock
The knife’s forms of opening are flipper, thumb hole or Emerson Wave. The knife unfolds very freely and smoothly thanks to ball bearings. The knife has a stable and durable lock to protect against accidental folding, frame lock. A steel insert is placed in the lock leaf to increase the service life of the locking mechanism. The insert also has an overtravel stop.
ReF – innovation by LionSTEEL
Removable flipper system (ReF) is a fairly innovative approach to the topic of opening a folding knife, which allows the user to interfere with the structure and decide how the knife will be unfolded. It is enough to unscrew the flipper and screw in a blind screw with a special tool included.
SOLID® Aluminium handle
The handle of this unique folder is made of one piece of aluminum. It has no covers or attachment points. One piece of metal machined to fit a folded blade. This type of handle known as intergal, is the hallmark of the LionSTEEL brand. At the end of the handle we will find a characteristic for karambit knives, finger ring (back ring), which in this case is also an integral part of the handle. The handle it self is textured to improve grip.
Tip-Up carrying clip located in front of the finger ring of the handle allows you to carry a knife in a pocket or clipped to a belt. The clip is made of steel. It is also possible to move the clip to the other side of the handle for left hand carry.
To make small adjustments and fit of the folding knife LionSTEEL L.E.One easier for the user, the manufacturer also included a tool with two types of torx screwdrivers (T6/T8).
- Blade: folding knife, howkbill profile, flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: CPM Magnacut, stonewash
- Handle: aluminum, SOLID®, textured, reversible steel clip (Tip-Up)
- Lock: frame lock
- Opening: flipper, thumb hole, Emerson Wave, ball bearings
- Pouch: not available
- Contents: knife, service tool, blind screw, producer box
- Dimensions: total length: 210 mm | 8.27″, blade length: 82 mm | 3.23″, length when folded: 145 mm | 5.71″, blade thickness: 4,0 mm | 0.157″
- Weight: 134 g | 4.73 oz
- Product code: LE1 A BS
- Producer: LionSTEEL, Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.