LionSTEEL T6 Green Canvas Satin 3V by Molletta is a knife for Outdoors.
LionSTEEL is an Italian producer from the Italian Maniago. The over 50-year history of the company is inextricably linked with the history of the Pauletta family. The company was founded by Gino Pauletta and today the father’s work is continued by three sons: Massimo, Daniele and Gianni. Currently, the last of them manages the company as CEO – Managing Director of the company. LionSTEEL is a world-renowned knife manufacturer repeatedly awarded for its projects at the prestigious Blade Show held annually in Atlanta in the United States.
Design by Molletta
Molletta is the Italian pseudonym of Michele Pensato, a designer and knifemaker whose passion, he claims, “got out of hand”. Pensato, as an avid archaeological enthusiast, often complained about the tools he used during his trips. So he decided to create a knife that would meet his expectations. This is how the adventure that continues to this day began, and Molletta himself, closely associated with the LionSTEEL brand, is one of the most recognized Italian designers. Molletta is an avid lover of innovation and a supporter of an unconventional approach to design issues, eagerly reaching for modern technologies in her work.
About T6 knife
New and strong CMP 3V steel
T6 is a full tang knife made of one piece of material, with cover attached to the steel running through the entire length and width of the handle. It is a very comfortable and durable tool thank to its construction and steel choice.
The blade is made of CPM 3V powder steel. It is a steel produced by the American company Crucible Industries known for the production of steel CPM S35VN, CPM S45VN, CPM S90VN and others of this family. CPM 3V is an extremely resistant steel against chipping, having a very high resistance to overloads. This steel wears slowly and remains sharp for a long time. CPM 3V steel is not stainless steel, which is worth remembering.
Drop point blade style
The blade of the knife has a working drop point style and a flat grind. It is very versatile in use. It has a swedge on the crest towards the point. It’s finished in satin. The blade has gently rounded spine for better comfort in hard use.
Ergonomic Solid® Knife handle
The handle is made of one single pice o canvas micarta. This improves comfort and grip because the fingers do not hit any joints or irregularities. It has a finger guard to prevent the hand from slipping over the cutting edge during work. The rounded spine of the blade is continued also on the handle. The handle has a hole for a rope or paracord and it’s ended with a glass breaker or a hammer.
Knife comes with sheath made of Kydex and Cordura. Kydex is characterized by high impact and scratch resistance, low moisture absorption, resistance to various weather conditions and many chemicals. Sheaths made of it are used comfortably and for a long time. To facilitate the removal of the knife, a thumb rest has been designed, thanks to which the knife can be removed in a controlled and safe manner. The sheath has pass-through pins to which you can attach, for example, a tinder holder (not included) or use them to attach it to a backpack. It works with the MOLLE system and a knife can be carry in different positions.
- Blade: fixed blade (full tang); drop point style blade with flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: CPM 3V, satin
- Handle: green Solid® canvas micarta
- Sheath: black Kydex and Cordura
- Contents: knife, kydex sheath, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 295 mm | 11.6″, blade length: 148 mm | 5.83″, blade thickness: 5,5 mm | 0.21″
- Weight: 370 g | 13.05 oz
- Product code: T6 3V CVG
- Producer: LionSTEEL, Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.