MKM Makro 2 M390 Green Micarta by Jasper Voxnæs is a compact, premium fixed blade, designed for everyday use (EDC).
About MKM – Maniago Knife Makers
Founded in 1960, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO represents 46 knife companies worldwide, all based in Maniago, a city that is known worldwide for its blacksmithing art. In 2018, CONSORZIO COLTELLINAI MANIAGO created its own brand MKM – Maniago Knife Makers, which aims to offer new collections on the market, created through partnership with local knife manufacturers. The MKM brand is represented by a polygonal logo that evokes the mountain panorama that is the backdrop for Maniago. The slogan “Climb the Edge” is a call to action that also subtly refers to the edges of the knives themselves. The goal is to achieve the pinnacle of the highest quality through projects by renowned designers, the best, innovative ideas and the most technologically advanced materials. MKM is a brand driven by more than six centuries of local blacksmithing tradition, and today even more strengthened by a fruitful combination of companies and knowledge.
Jasper Voxnæs & VoxDesign
Danish knifemaker and designer known for his cooperation with many global brands: Spyderco, FOX Knives, Böker, Viper, MKM, CRKT, HELLE, GiantMouse. In his achievements, we often find smaller knives, with shorter but efficient blades, with a rather intensely outlined, emphasized line knife belly. The hilt lines have a visible elevation on the line of the back. Of course, individual projects differ, considering that they are made for different brands and must be consistent with their other designs. Each time, however, projects signed with the VOX logo stand out so much that at first glance people moving freely in the meanders of the knife industry recognize that the creator of a given project is Jasper Voxnæs. As the designer himself says: “My knife designs have obvious Nordic shapes and styles. Clean, functional, almost minimalist. The usability of the tool is definitely crucial.” And it’s hard to disagree with this statement.
About Makro 2 knife
The knife is made of the highest quality M390 steel. M390 is one of the few steels available on the market in the absolute top quality of materials used in the production of premium knives. The M390 blade is extremely resistant to overload, stays sharp for a long time (wears very slowly) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
Makro 2 is a full tang knife made of one piece of material, with scales attached to the steel running through the entire length and width of the handle. It is a very comfortable and durable tool thank to its construction and steel choice.
The blade of the knife has a sheepsfoot profile with flat grind, very versatile in use, dedicated to any type of work. It has a stonewash finish and gently rounded spine.
Ergonomic Green Canvas Micarta handle
The handle is made of contoured Green Canvas Micarta. This improves comfort and grip. It has a finger groove to prevent the hand from slipping over the cutting edge during work and a glass breaker or hammer at the end witch has a lanyard hole. The rounded spine of the blade is continued also on the handle.
Leather sheath for knife carrying
Knife comes with a leather sheath. It has a magnetic clasp that will let to fasten the knife to a belt or a pocket. The sheath has been tastefully decorated with bright, strong stitches and an embossed manufacturer’s logo.
- Blade: fixed blade (full tang); sheepsfoot style blade with flat grind, plain cutting edge
- Steel: M390 (58-60 HRC), stonewash
- Handle: Green Canvas Micarta
- Sheath: black leather
- Contents: knife, leather sheath, tool, packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 166 mm | 6.54″, blade length: 73 mm | 2.87″, blade thickness: 4.0 mm | 0.16″
- Weight: 66 g | 2.33 oz
- Product code: MK MA02-GC
- Producer: MKM, Maniago/Italy
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.
There are no reviews yet.