PG Knives | Piotr Gosciniak Spikey | Elmax Green Canvas Micarta is not obvious project
About PG Knives
PG Knives attract and please the eye. They are distinguished by design and complex grinds on the blades, in which the knifemaker is particularly fond of and which he carefully refines. The combination of several elements, on which the knifemaker places special emphasis, i.e. very precise workmanship, modern materials and often futuristic shapes, give a specific value for the future user. What should be emphasized, PG Knives, regardless of the complexity of the construction of specified knives, are designed for intensive use. In the workshop, most of the work is done manually or with manually operated machines. The entire process related to steel processing, from cutting the initial shape, to hardening and grinding, is carried out by the knifemaker on his own. The same applies to the processing of materials on the handle (G10, micarta) and sheaths (kydex).
Spikey is a full-tang knife (made of one carefully selected piece of material to which the handle covers are attached) made of the highest quality Elmax steel (chrome-vanadium-molybdenum powder steel). Elmax is one of the few steels available on the market in the absolute top quality of materials used in the production of premium knives. A properly prepared Elmax blade is extremely resistant to overload, stays sharp for a long time (it wears very slowly) and has excellent anti-corrosion properties.
Blade for every kind of tasks
The knife blade made in a combined style (fusion) will work well in all kinds of field and camp applications. Working in wood and preparing a meal are just a few of the many activities in the knife’s application package. The operation of the knife is facilitated by the use of a combined (double) cut. The flat-ground blade segment with a slightly curved cutting edge (recurve) is perfect for planing, the concave-ground segment for food preparation. The swedge at the very tip is useful for making punctures. Due to the fact that it has a sharp finish, it allows you to work efficiently with flint.
On the back of the blade there is a jimping, and directly behind it a recess that supports the thumb during cuts that require the use of greater force. The blade is quite wide and has been profiled in such a way to reduce the risk of your hand sliding over the cutting edge while working.
Ergonomic and grippy Micarta handle
The handle scales are made of brown Micarta, a material resistant to moisture, temperature changes, most solvents and acids, with high resistance to mechanical damage. Micarta, known for its excellent properties, also visual (it can be styled as a natural material), has a non-slip, rough structure. Additionally there are G10 liners under the Micarta which makes handel more grippy and handy. The linings were screwed with screws consistent with the general design of the knife. The linings are profiled to ensure a secure grip, regardless of whether we work with or without a glove. At the end of the handle, there is a glass breaker with a hole for a paracord. Originally a section of paracord was woven into it, which improves the grip of the whole and makes it easier to remove the knife from the holster.
Knife comes with a sheath made of hand-formed Kydex material, which is attached to the belt with a buckle made of the same material. The buckle can be mounted horizontally (along the belt) or vertically. Kydex itself is a very durable material that is characterized by high impact and scratch resistance, low moisture absorption, resistance to various weather conditions and many chemicals. Holsters made of it are used comfortably and for a long time. The holster is equipped with through pins to which you can attach, for example, a tinder holder (not included) or use them to attach it to a backpack, harness element or a molle solution.
- Blade: fixed blade (full tang); fousion blade style with combined grind
- Steel: Elmax (~60 HRC), two-tone finish (satined and sandblasted)
- Handle: Green Canvas Micarta + orange G10 liners
- Sheath: green Kydex
- Contents: knife, Kydex sheath, certificate, PG wooden packaging box
- Dimensions: total length: 215 mm | 8.46″; blade length: 105 mm | 4.13″, blade thickness: 4,7 mm | 0.18″; handle length: 110 mm | 4.33″
- Weight: 167 g | 6.67 oz without sheath, 247 g | 8.71 oz with sheath
- Producer: PG Knives, Poland
Knives are covered by a lifetime warranty. This warranty provides protection against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty applies to both the knife and its sheath. If the product covered by this warranty fails due to a manufacturing defect the producer will repair it without charge, or replace it, at our discretion. Only original, unaltered and unmodified items are covered by this warranty.
The warranty does not cover damage caused by accident, improper care, negligence, normal wear and tear, or the natural breakdown of colors and materials over an extended period of time and use. Damage not covered under the warranty may be repaired for a reasonable rate. In such cases, a fee will be also charged for shipping.
If you have any questions please contact us.
- Remember! Every of our knives are extremely sharp, so be careful when handling them!
- Do not use your knife for something besides it’s intended purpose! Do not use the knife as a can opener, screwdriver, chisel, hammer, crowbar etc.
- After using your knife with sea water, blood, fruits or other corrosive mediums, always rinse the knife with fresh water and dry it off.
- Do not wash the knife with harder chemicals or in the dishwasher. This may damage or destroy the knife.
- Before storing your knife, apply thin film of high-quality gun oil or special knife oil or wax to knives. We recommend that you always keep your knife and sheath clean and dry when not in use.
- Always keep your knife sharp, so it can always take care of you.